Saturday 4 February 2012

MY DOLL PATTERN
 
** You may keep a copy for your own personal use, but you may not sell or distribute it. **

** You can sell items made from this pattern, please provide a link to this pattern.**

** Please, do not claim this pattern as your own. This pattern is FREE for everyone !!! **

** If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern, but please do not reprint it on your site.**



FREE  PATTERN   of   CROCHET  DOLL

* Work in continuous rounds, do not join the rounds.
* Use a row marker OR mark your first stitch with short piece of wool at the beginning of every round, easy to keep count of rounds.

.  -  ch  -  chain
I  -  dc  -  double crochet = US sc single crochet
V  - inc  -  increase
A  -  dec  -  invisible decrease
st(s)  -  stitch(es)
R  -  round
o  -  magic ring  /  or  /  chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook

SMALL DOLL – used crochet thin yarn
BIGGER DOLL – used wool

HEAD 
R1 - (6sts) = 6 dc in magic ring     (OR chain 2, 6 dc in second chain from hook)
R2 - (12sts) = dc 2 in each st around
R3 - (18sts) = (dc 1, 2 dc in next st) repeat  6 times
R4 - (24sts) = (dc 2, 2 dc in next st) repeat 6 times
R5 - (30sts) = (dc 3, 2 dc in next st) repeat 6 times
R6 – R13 = dc around (30sts)
R14 - (24sts) = (dc 3, dec 1) repeat 6 times
R15 - (18sts) = (dc 2, dec 1) repeat 6 times
R16 - (12sts) = (dc 1, dec 1) repeat 6 times
R17 - (6sts) = (dec 1) repeat 6 times

when you finish R15:
*   Attached safety eyes between rounds 11 and 12 (6 sts free between eyes)
*   Embroider smile with embroidery floss (on round 14)
*   Begin stuff & shape head
when you finish R17: 
*   fasten off, leave a short end, weave in end.

head of BIGGER DOLL from wool:
R17 - (8sts) = (dc 1, dec 1) repeat 4 times
R18 - (8sts) = dc around

ARM (make 2)
R1 - (6sts) = 6 dc in magic ring     (OR chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook)
R2 – R10 = (6sts) = dc around

*   fasten off, leave a long ends for sewing arms to body

LEG (make 2)
R1 - (6sts) = 6 dc in magic ring     (OR chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook)
R2 - (6sts) dc around
R3 - (6sts) dc around
R4 - (7sts) = dc 2 in first st, dc 5
R5 - (7sts) dc around
R6 - (7sts) dc around
R7 - (8sts) dc 2 in first st, dc 6
R8 - (8sts) dc around
R9 - (8sts) dc around
R10 - (9sts) dc 2 in first st, dc 7
R11 - (9sts) dc around
R12 - (9sts) dc around

* crochet 1st leg – stuff the leg - fasten off, leave a shortend
* crochet 2nd leg – stuff the leg - when leg is finished, do not fasten off (cut yarn), continue with BODY

BEGGINING OF BODY:
* flatten the last round of the second leg - crochet 4 slip stitches to close leg opening,
flatten the last round of the first leg – crochet another 4 slip stitches to close leg opening.
The legs are together NOW in 1 row, 4sts for each leg, total of 8 stitches in the last row to create the bottom of the body
* legs can bend, so doll can sits
* legs are not stitched separately to the body

BODY
R1 - dc in a back loop of each st – (8 dc on back body) /// turn the body and ///
        dc in a front loop of each st - (8 dc on front body), total of 16sts,
        do not join, again work in rounds – use a row marker
R2 - (16sts) dc around
R3 - (16sts) dc around
R4 - (16sts) dc around
R5 - (16sts) dc around
R6 - (16sts) dc around
R7 - (16sts) dc around
R8 - (16sts) dc around
R9 - (14sts) (dec 1, dc 6) repeat 2 times
R10 - (10sts) (dec 1, dc 2, dec 1, dc 1) repeat 2 times
R11 - (8sts) (dec 1, dc 3) repeat 2 times

R12 - when using wool BIGGER DOLL - (8sts) dc around

* Fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing body to head.

******************************************************************************

(picture below - dolls made from crochet thin yarn)


Once - not enough body colour - so I used WHITE colour on body R2 - R10 (see dolls below - made from wool)

(see more photos on the bottom of page)

Sew body to head.
Sew arms to body.
Hair.

Now, you have finished doll.
If there are any questions, please leave a comment below or leave a message on my facebook wall - katkas creations
If you try to make this doll, PLEASE let me know how do you understand this pattern, if it was easy enough to fallow.
PLEASE, could you share your photo of doll on my facebook wall - katkas creations ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USING PICTURE PATTERN:

HEAD
magic ring    
R1 - I              (6sts)   =   (OR chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook)
R2 - A             repeat 6 times (12sts)
R3 - I A           repeat 6 times (18sts)
R4 - I I A         repeat 6 times (24sts)
R5 - I I I A       repeat 6 times (30sts)
R6 - I I I I I      repeat 6 times (30sts)
R7 – R12 =      (30sts)
R13 - I I I I I    repeat 6 times (30sts)
R14 - I I I V     repeat 6 times (24sts)
R15 - I I V       repeat 6 times (18sts)
R16 - I V         repeat 6 times (12sts)
R17 - V           repeat 6 times (6sts)

head of BIGGER DOLL from wool:
R16 - I V        repeat 6 times (12sts)
R17 - I V        repeat 4 times (8sts)
R18 - I            (8sts)

ARM
magic ring    
R1 -              I              (6sts)   =   (OR chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook)
R2 – R10 =   I              (6sts)

LEG
magic ring    
R1  - I I I I I I              (6sts)   =   (OR chain 2, 6dc in second chain from hook)
R2  - I I I I I I              (6sts)
R3  - I I I I I I              (6sts)
R4  - A I I I I I             (7sts)
R5  - I I I I I I I            (7sts)
R6  - I I I I I I I            (7sts)
R7  - A I I I I I I           (8sts)
R8  - I I I I I I I I          (8sts)
R9  - I I I I I I I I          (8sts)
R10 - A I I I I I I I       (9sts)
R11 - I I I I I I I I I       (9sts)
R12 - I I I I I I I I I       (9sts)

BODY
beggining -  flatten the last round of the second leg - crochet 4 slip stitches to close leg opening,
         flatten the last round of the first leg – crochet another 4 slip stitches to close leg opening.
         The legs are together NOW in 1 row, 4sts for each leg, 
         dtotal of 8 stitches in the last row to create the bottom of the body
R1 - dc in a back loop of each st – (8 dc on back body) /// turn the body and ///

     - dc in a front loop of each st - (8 dc on front body), total of 16sts
R2  -  I                    16 times (16sts)
R3  -  I                    16 times (16sts)
R4  -  I                    16 times (16sts) 
R5  -  I                    16 times (16sts) 
R6  -  I                    16 times (16sts)
R7  -  I                    16 times (16sts)
R8  -  I                    16 times (16sts)
R9 - V I I I I I I     2 times (14sts)
R10 -   V I I V I      2 times (10sts)
R11 -     V I I I        2 times (8sts)

R12 - I                     8 times (8sts)  =   (when using wool - BIGGER DOLL)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made lots of different little dresses.

The mermaid dress can be taken off.

If anyone is interested, I can type patterns for dresses, jumper and trousers too.

 The same pattern - small dolls from thin crochet yarn.

 The same pattern - bigger dolls from wool.
 

11 comments:

  1. so so cute, thanks for sharing. how do i crochet the 'mermaid' ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks.
      Pattern for doll is here.
      Mermaid - it's only dress, you can put on or take off mermaid dress.
      I will type pattern for mermaid dress and other dresses soon.
      At the moment, I am a bit busy.
      But I promise, mermaid dress will be first to type.
      Katka

      Delete
  2. can you share the patterns for all the clothes the one for the mermaid to please. they are very cute my mail is meugeniaes@gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.
      Thank you very much for liking and wanting patterns for my doll and their outfits. I am planning to write FREE patterns for dresses, trousers and top for dolls.
      I am quite busy with my young kids, plus they are quite often ill....
      I need to download many photos, write FREE pattern for TINY YELLOW BUNNY and dresses for doll.
      I will try to do it ASAP, because I know you want it. I think, you are the first who is asking for dresses. Someone asked for meramid dress before, so I typed it...
      After you try to make doll from my pattern, please, could you share your photos on my facebook page: Katkas creations

      I would be so happy to see your dolls made from my pattern.
      You can keep eye on my facebook page. I am there more often then here. I do not use PC very often..
      I will let you know when patterns will be posted.
      Take care, Katka

      Delete
    2. Hi.
      I have totally forgot about this doll..
      I will find pattern & share it soon..
      Sorry, it took so long, but I didn't think someone would want to make it ;-)
      Sorry for waiting.
      Take car , Katka
      Will try to do it as soon as I can...
      Making many mice for school, end of the year
      Take care Katka :-)

      Delete
    3. My kids kept me very busy... Both were very often ill for years... They are bigger now... So I will try and manage my blog better way. Plus I didn't know how to get into my blog... Each time I gave up.. Katkas Creations

      Delete
  3. Yes in English thanks,I'm Dutch.I would love the patterns from the clothes to😍 .i shall go to your face book page.bayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.
    I totally forgot to post pattern for mermaid dress...
    I didn't think someone will try to make the doll :-)
    I will try to find it & post it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dress patterns please. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I am very sorry that I didn't earlier...
    I will post pattern soon... I have found it at last..
    I couldn't find it for a long time. Because it was my first doll I created 7 years ago..., it was hidden very well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will use my blog soon... I am trying to get in...
    My life was all about my kids.. They are bigger now...
    So hopefully - I can manage my blog better.
    Katkas Creations

    ReplyDelete